Hand Adjustment Workshop
This 3 hour workshop will give you a deeper understanding to assist the most common yoga poses.
Cultivate your skills in a supportive, practical, hands-on environment, Build upon your abilities and talents as a yoga instructor and learn in-depth posture assists.
It is designed to provide you with skills in a wide variety of manual assists in order to add depth and sophistication to your teachings by practicing hands-on adjustments in the context of group settings, private sessions, or in large public settings.
Come explore adjustments for a full spectrum of poses in a delicious exchange of loving hands that will radically expand your teaching repertoire!
Through this workshop you will learn about:
– Different types of touch and when to use them
– The precise differences between therapeutic, opening, stabilizing and positioning assists
– Centering yourself before teaching-to help enhance the energy behind your touch
– Holding your own body safely during hands-on adjustments to prevent common assisting injuries
– Connecting with a student before giving an adjustment to build trust
– Giving verbal adjustments before touching a student, to help empower their understanding
– Methods to be abundantly clear when touching a student – they need to move with you and improve their pose!
– Observation techniques to empower you to know when and who to adjust first in a class
– How to leverage breath
Schedule: August 24th, 2019, 6pm – 9pm
Open to all Instructors and Practitioners
Where: 1st Floor, Unit 6, Block 2, North Plaza, Discovery Bay, Hong Kong
For all other inquiries:
Email us at Hi@YogaUP.com.hk